All funds raised through Bike Around the Bay support the Galveston Bay Foundation.
For more than 30 years, Galveston Bay Foundation has been instrumental in addressing significant challenges facing Galveston Bay through the following areas:
- Land Conservation & Stewardship: Focusing on the acquisition and management of priority lands around the Bay that are valuable for habitat or water quality.
- Habitat Restoration & Protection: Working to ensure healthy habitats for productive and sustainable populations of native species. Projects focus on shoreline protection; wetlands, oyster reefs, and bird rookery restoration; and removal of marine debris.
- Water Protection: Keeping the Bay fishable and swimmable.
- Environmental Education: Focusing on getting students of all ages outdoors and connected with nature through hands-on STEM curriculum helping to inspire youth to become the future stewards of the Bay
- Advocacy: Working to protect the health and well-being of the Bay. We take an inclusive and collaborative approach and work closely with all stakeholders including elected officials, community and business leaders, as well as policy and decision-makers.
Your participation in Bike Around the Bay makes this work possible. THANK YOU!
For more information about the Galveston Bay Foundation, visit our website at www.galvbay.org
The Galveston Bay Foundation is a four star charity on Charity Navigator!