Detour on Route to Anahuac: Take exit 812 from I-10 to 61 south to get to Anahuac. Do not take exit 810 because the bridge is out on 563 south and the road is closed.
Packet Pick-Up Schedule: Click Here
Ride Date: October 24, 2020
Ride Location: The ride will start/finish at Fort Anahuac Park in Chambers County - 1704 S. Main Street, Anahuac, TX 77514
Ride Start: Rolling start from 7:00 – 9:00 AM, so as soon as you park your car and get ready, you can roll out.
Three Route Options (each route is a loop):
- 28-mile route - Breakpoint at mile 20.3
- 67-mile route - Breakpoint at mile 20.3, 34.8, & 52.2
- 95-mile route- Breakpoint at mile 20.3, 48.1, 62.6, & 80 (Complete 28-mile route first and then 67-mile route; the “gate” for the 67-mile course will close at 11:30 AM. Riders will need to complete 52 miles before reaching the "gate".)
Breakpoints: All items at breakpoints will be in single-use containers
Fundraising Requirement: $100 fundraising minimum to pick up your packet and participate in the ride. All funds raised from the ride will support the work of the Galveston Bay Foundation.
Ride Update: Due to gathering restrictions and challenges with securing approvals for the two-day route, Bike Around the Bay will be pivoting to a one-day ride. We will be taking every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our riders and volunteers throughout the event. We look forward to providing a fun, safe ride for all!
Rider & Volunteer Safety
- Riders will be asked to wear masks at the start/finish and at breakpoints (unless eating or drinking), but not while riding your bike.
- Tables at breakpoints will be separated by 10 feet. All drinks and snacks will be offered in single-use containers. Riders are encouraged to maintain social distancing at the breakpoints.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available at the start/finish and at breakpoints.
- All volunteers will wear masks and volunteers at breakpoints will wear masks and gloves.
- Volunteers will disinfect high-touch areas throughout the ride.
- We will offer to-go box lunches at the finish. All cyclists will be encouraged to go home after they get a box lunch to prevent any congregating in the parking lot.
Thank you for your continued support and patience as we finalize the details of our one-day ride. We hope you can join us!
Double your donation! Check to see if your company matches employee giving below.